GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
March 24, 2022
Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
David Loerich – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
Illyana Long – Area A
Lovell Knight – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek, at the Holiday Inn, Covington Kentucky.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600. (Rosemary Quick.)
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Loerich. Absent Delegate(s) Long and Victoria King. All other board members present.
A motion was made by Delegate McLaughlin to omit the reading of the minutes from February 24, 2022, and for all to review copy of minutes received via email draft for approval. Second by Treasurer Loerich. Discussion – President Kowolonek make four (4) recommended changes received to meeting minutes dated 24 February 2022. Motion passed. Approved. A copy of Minutes will be posted on the Local 600 website. www.uwualocal600.com
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Loerich. A motion was made by Delegate Wright to accept the reading of the financial report by Treasurer Loerich. Second by Delegate Jason King. No discussion. Motion passed. Approved. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek/ Secretary Wallace/ Delegate McLaughlin – UWUA Local 600 Women’s Caucus received and email invite from Reset Ministries inviting all those who volunteered for the Reset Ministries – Sober House projects in Newport Kentucky in 2021 to come out for the official “Open House “for the New Women’s Sober House at 722 Columbia Street, Newport Kentucky. The invitation is for all who worked and anyone who would like to come and see the finished work. The event will be held on Saturday, 2 April 2022 from 10am to 12 noon.
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
- Picnic Committee – Vice-President Hoffman – confirming those who will form committee for the 2022 UWUA Local 600 Picnic: (Vice -President Hoffman, Treasurer Loerich, Delegate(s) McLaughlin and Long.) Secretary Wallace – also suggested adding volunteer to assist from membership. VicePresident will reach out to someone in membership who may be interested in working with the committee. Discussion- look for facility that would be able to accommodate large number, around 200. Variety of locations suggested. Recommend early confirmation for date & location. Picnic Committee will meet and make selection and return to board with updates.
- Grievance # 447 – Return to Work – President Kowolonek – Informational Request Issues – Reply received from company, still awaiting response for information request (specific areas.)
Discussion – Delegate Wright – rates based per county stats, percentages or CDC Guidelines being used.
- By-Laws Committee – Vice-President Hoffman – By-Laws Committee will meet to review process for membership voting on proposed changes. Vice-President will update next week.
- Grievance # 449 – Awaiting 2nd Step response.
- Meeting 16 March 2022 – Meter Reading (Bob Reis) – & Open Way Meters – President Kowolonek,
Vice-President Hoffman, Treasurer Loerich. Discussion – Open Way vs Echelon meters, over 20,000 meters coming back into meter reading for reads. Creates additional routes (and added 100 meters per route), customer charges added $30 (Opt-Out Program) Ohio $30, Kentucky $35. Additional routes and personnel needed to process work. Plan (per company) to use contractors to supplement the workforce, (for a temporary timeframe.) Discussion regarding probing meters – (both gas & electric meters), gas meters cannot be probed.
- Vistra Energy – President Kowolonek – Extension given by company through 2023. UWUA Local 600 will negotiate two (2) contracts during 2023.
- Vistra Energy – Vistra Bumping (for members)- President Kowolonek – decision was reached, no lay-offs, three (3) retirements, per decision 21 March 2022.
- Information Request for SAP concerns – President Kowolonek – awaiting answer from Company.
- Posted UEIP bonus for 2021 / UEIP goals for 2022 – President Kowolonek – Goals did increase significantly, those in UWUA Local 600 membership have the same goals for the company. Member questioned percentage number(s) posted for UEIP, President Kowolonek verified percentage numbers a supplied graft to member who requested for clarification.
- RSR/ Customer Service Rep (Service Installation) – GWI for 2022 in lieu of lump sum amount – President Kowolonek – accepted the lump sum for top pay using the GWI (as it includes over-time) and adds to pay enhancement over time in position.
REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
- Treasurer Loerich – looking to purchase new computer soon for use of treasurer.
- Delegate Wright – Discussed PPE and wear of specific shirts for those work as “facing” employees in the field for company, (employees must wear collared shirts in field), recommended company supply, at two (2) per year.
- Delegate Knight – shared application (app) that can be used on phone – to know what is going in local areas, your surroundings. CITIZEN (is name of app.) Per President Kowolonek – this app should NOT be added to any Duke-Energy owned phone for the purpose of work without the expressed consent and authorization of Duke-Energy Management.