April 23, 2020
EXECUTIVES Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Camille Waller – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Brendan Lyshe – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by Vice-President Hoffman, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by. Treasurer Waller, President Kowolonek absent. All other board members present.
A motion was made by Treasurer to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed.
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Waller. A motion was made by Secretary Wallace to accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – Vice-President Hoffman
• The UWUA Regional Conference for Regions II & III for 2020 has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
• UWUA Local 600 General Board Meetings will be conducted via teleconference due to COVID-19.
Unfinished Business – Vice-President Hoffman
• Engineering Specialist position (Underground) hasn’t been filled. Notify the union hall if anyone is doing this work. (Delegate Wright) – there is one (1) person at Dana doing this work it was their duties at Queensgate.
• Engineering Specialist (Network Underground) questions regarding pay.
• Vice -President Hoffman will follow-up regarding pay issues with new position.
• Cancellation of March 2020 – UWUA Local 600 Membership meeting, (due to COVID-19), a reschedule date will be discussed.
• Dial One Security System has been updated and there is new key for alarm box.
• Website Update – due to COVID-19 there has been a delay in the completion of the website for the local. Will notify of any additional updates when they have been processed.
• NEW BUSINESS
• Due to COVID – 19 the Company has no official time-frame to return those UWUA Local 600 members who are currently working from home, this will be done in phases. Local 600 will process updates as they are received.
• REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
• Treasurer Waller- Discussion regarding the Company Sick and Family Leave Policy, how can the days be utilized as it relates to COVID-19 and the additional forty (40) hours provided by the Company for COVID-19 (family care, other) that expires 05-23-2020. How can the time off be utilized for each program? Can the programs be combined? What happens if returns are delayed, (regarding policy expiration date 05-31-2020.) What happens if COVID-19 escalates. Vice-President Hoffman will contact the Company for more clarification. Are management teams all following the same process ?
• Delegate McLaughlin –Discussion 2nd stage grievance is scheduled for 4-28-2020.
• Delegate V. King – Discussion Call Center personnel working from home, productivity good and everyone is doing well. Discussion use of the COVID-19 relief time off, how would those in membership utilize that time and would it be available to them. How are time sheets to be coded and returned to the office. Four (4) new SI (Service Installation) agents needing to pick shifts now that training has been completed, (discussion regarding what was stated in the past regarding these shift picks.)
• Delegate Loerich – Discussion of the additional COVID-19 and the forty (40) hours Duke-Energy employees as utilized for related issues that end on 05-31-2020.
• Delegate Wright – ESA extension for SASS testing.
Treasurer Waller made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate J. King. Meeting adjourned.