GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
April 22, 2021
Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
David Loerich – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
Lovell Knight – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Loerich. All board members present.
A motion was made by Treasurer Loerich to omit the reading of the minutes from the February 2021 meeting. A motion to have a draft copy of minutes to be sent by Secretary Wallace, prior to each monthly board meeting. Second by Delegate Victoria King. Discussion: Board members would review prior to monthly meeting, update for corrections and then review for approval. Motion passed. Reading of minutes from March 24, 2021- Secretary Wallace. Approved. A copy of Minutes will be posted on the Local 600 website. www.uwualocal600.com
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Loerich. Discussion. A motion was made by Vice President Hoffman to accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate Jason King. Vote to accept. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek – Last Friday, April 16, 2021 – Area A Delegate Camille Waller resigned from her position. President Kowolonek contacted Illyana Long regarding Area A Delegate, she has accepted and will be sworn into the position upon return from maternity leave.
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
- Grievance #443 – President Kowolonek received answer to 3rd stage of grievance. President Kowolonek and Delegate Jason King presented case information to the board on behalf of the member for a vote to arbitrate. Discussion. Vote to Arbitrate – unanimously passed by board.
- Grievance # 444 – President Kowolonek – Grievance has been dropped, no response or reply from member.
- Call Center – President Kowolonek – New Call Center class began on March 29, 2021 with total of 15 new hires.
- NEW BUSINESS
- New Customer Connect – President Kowolonek, Delegates Victoria King, Representative RaShaunte Davis and Secretary Wallace met with members of leadership to discuss the New Customer Connect Program, Training, and program process. Delegate Victoria King will follow-up with management and be included in meeting with those in membership in the call center, billing, and revenue services areas when the new program and training is discussed along with President Kowolonek.
- American Income Life Insurance – President Kowolonek – Discussed the AD & D policy that is available in the amount of ($3,000) for all UWUA members and retirees. Discussion: The benefit of the policy is for all in membership and the card you receive doesn’t need to be returned unless there is an interest for additional information on products from American Income Life Insurance. Please note if card is returned the member will be contacted by a representative from American Income Life Insurance. President Kowolonek will send information for mailing to company and will send out robo call to membership regarding.
- Working from Home, Letter – President Kowolonek spoke with Labor Relations on April 21st 2021 to discuss the plans for those in membership involved with working from home due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Discussions ongoing.
- Cost of Cellphones – per Delegate Wright there is a minor cost attached to up-grading cell phone used for company business (to an iPhone).
- REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
- Treasurer Loerich – will have discussion next week with leadership in meter reading regarding meters that are coming back to meter reading routes for reads. Will then provide an overview of discussion with President Kowolonek. Also discussed friendly counseling processed in area.
- Secretary Wallace – UWUA Women’s Caucus and online training opportunities and training with UWUA Rep – Steve Wyatt.
- Delegate Jason King – Discussion on the Day in The Life Program – discussion regarding possible opportunities for video with membership, and those who worked in the Call Centers and are now doing other jobs within Duke- Energy.
- Delegate Victoria King – Discussing returning to work in office and questions from membership. Fact findings in the Call Center area.
Treasurer made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Jason King. Meeting adjourned.