August 27, 2020
EXECUTIVES Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Camille Waller – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Brendan Lyshe – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600; Denise Hart Lowery (Retired) & William Leroy Pope.
Roll call was taken by. Treasurer Waller, all other board members present.
A motion was made by Vice-President Hoffman to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Lyshe. Motion passed.
A motion was made by Secretary Wallace to dispense with the reading of the financial accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek – Letter received from UWUA National United Way Representative regarding 2020-2021 year for donation from local.
Unfinished Business –President Kowolonek
• Bid Access Design – Separating Dana (North) and Colerain (South) changes passed.
• ESA Hand-Raising – Resulted in an opening at Dana.
• Call Center – Meeting being scheduled to discuss personal turn-over rates/answer from management.
• Out of town storm discussions with management.
• Donation to Family of Brian Abner made from membership.
• Annual Membership Meeting and Picnic cancellation notice due to COVID-19 being sent to all membership via posting and All-Call.
• Return to Work – as information is received from Company membership will be advised.
• NEW BUSINESS
• Workplace Security Policy – President Kowolonek has discussed with Julia Ford (Local 600 Legal), she will follow-up with other unions regarding policies in place.
• REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
• Vice- President Hoffman – will update notices to membership.
• Secretary Wallace – Updates regarding UWUA National Women’s Caucus discussed the 5K Rosie the Riveter Virtual Walk/ Run being held September 19 – 26, 2020 to raise money for National Women’s Caucus and Local charities who are impacting communities affected by COVID -19. Encourage participation among local membership to participate. Donation is $30 per participant.
• Delegate Jason King – fact finding Call Center, late work assignments. Return to work.
• Delegate V. King – fact finding Call Center – employee interactions with customers. Questions regarding taking calls voluntary may become mandatory, training is now being provided.
• Delegate Loerich – Questions regarding COVID -19 list of questions – membership in this area was concerned about asking customer in field, employees not being brought back into offices.
• Delegate Lyshe – Sub-division meeting August 3, 2020 regarding getting back work from districts, one point of contact for customers, centralized design
• Treasurer Waller – info passing of Jim Hinkle – Todhunter. Info sent regarding Return to Work.
Delegate McLaughlin made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate J. King. Meeting adjourned.