December 19, 2019
EXECUTIVES Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Camille Waller – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATE Brendan Lyshe – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600, (Pamela Anderson)
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Waller. All board members present.
A motion was made by Delegate Loerich to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Motion passed.
The financial Report was given by Delegate Waller. A motion was made by Delegate V. King to accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate Lyshe. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek
• Christmas card received from UWUA, National
• Information from Amanda Cross, Union Life Insurance.
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
• Grievance #435 Contract Books/Printing President Kowolonek spoke with NLRB & Local 600 will process via grievance format. President Kowolonek also spoke with company on 12-19-19, LR is researching contract language regarding issue.
• Rep/Delegate Dinner – held November 21, 2019 at the Charthouse, Newport Kentucky, received positive feedback from those in attendance.
• Christmas Families – Kristy Knobloch has completed purchases for the Kentucky family and sent a mail update to Local 600, items purchased for 4 children (through the Kentucky Family Promise Program) and Carmelita Perez has made purchases for family in Ohio.
• Grievance #433 – grievance was dropped, however President Kowolonek is setting up a date to discuss CBS process for possible improvements sometime in January 2020 with company and Kelly Cooper, UWUA, Regional Advisor.
• Calendars for UWUA Women’s Caucus – Secretary Wallace was selected by UWUA National to be one of UWUA Women in Non-Traditional Roles being featured in the 15-month Calendar. The purpose of the Calendars will be to fund training for UWUA Women and start a dialog among women who do various jobs in the utility industry.
• Information has been sent out to membership for posting on all union boards regarding the Per Capita Increase (UWUA- Local 600 dues.)
• Back-Office (4499) – On 12-09-2019 a meeting was held with Company, President Kowolonek, Vice-President Hoffman and Secretary Wallace to discuss changes being implemented. A follow-up meeting was held 12-09-2019 with B-Reps, B-Clerks, AOC & SWFM Specialists in the work-group, the Company, President Kowolonek, Vice-President Hoffman & Secretary Wallace to discuss those changes. (Per discussions and changes being implemented a Hand-Raising was processed on 12-13-2019 for those B-reps affected to separate Gas and Electric functions.)
• On 12-12-2019 another meeting was held with AOC’s and Sr. Steno (Service Delivery) to discuss changes being implemented. Discussion also regarding new OC’s positions being posted.
• On 12-17-19 meeting was held to discuss changes being implemented with Op techs. In attendance for this meeting, Company, President Kowolonek, Vice-President Hoffman, Area Representative Kim Cueto. Discussion regarding Major Project and possible implementation of zones.
• Union Cards – President Kowolonek has made additional purchases for Union Cards, due to increase in membership via new hires.
• Website Up-date – President Kowolonek has contacted UWUA National, Web-designer and will have a follow-up on 12-20-2019.
• NEW BUSINESS
• President Kowolonek made a $100 donation to the Aisling Irish Community Fund, to honor the passing for UWUA National President (James Slavin) on the passing of his mother.
• By-Laws Books- President Kowolonek will have additional books printed for new members with Otto Printing.
• Incident at 4th & Main (Annex) – President Kowolonek discussed issues regarding vacation day given for those affected at the 4th & Main location (due to building being inaccessible.) only those who has their vacation day cancelled “prior” to the email that was sent out by Company (with actual date & time approved prior by management), would be able to use actual scheduled vacation as cancelled.
• Meeting Expectations – President Kowolonek discussed expectations for those assigned to the Executive and General Board.
• REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
• Secretary Wallace – provided an over-view regarding the UWUA National Women’s Caucus. A conference call was held on 12-18-2019, Local 600 was represented by Secretary Wallace and Jueisha Boykin, (Delegate V. King will also represent but was not available to participate in call. The next conference call will be held 02-29-2020. Information is being shared with President Kowolonek to form a Women’s Caucus within Local 600.
• Delegate McLaughlin – Discussion – regarding new gas technician started December 2, 2019.
• Delegate V. King – Discussion regarding follow-up Call Center issues.
• Dave Loerich – issues with meter reading and pay and reimbursements to company. Will process additional information and discussion with management.
Delegate V. King made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate J. King. Meeting adjourned.