February 27, 2020
EXECUTIVES Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Camille Waller – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Brendan Lyshe – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by. Treasurer Waller, Delegate Lyshe absent. All other board members present.
A motion was made by Delegate Loerich to omit the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Wright. Motion passed.
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Waller. A motion was made by Delegate J. King to accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek
• Reading of email dated 02-25-2020 sent to Treasurer Waller from Cristen Ross of Northern Kentucky University, requesting donation of $500 to support a campus wide book discussion indicative to support sexual assault awareness. A motion was made by Secretary Wallace to contact the university regarding another form of support from the UWUA Women’s Caucus that is forming within UWUA Local 600. Second by Delegate Wright. Motion passed.
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
• Arbitration conference – feedback from attendees: Very informative, great format.
• Chairs for Hall – new chairs have been purchased. Eleven (11) have been assembled. One (1) needed repairs.
• Discussion of OC Posting/ESA Postings.
• Website Update – updates have been processed.
• Grievance #434 – answer, member will be provided the PLS CAD (Transmission.)
• OP Techs – Op Centers assignments completed – North, East, South & West.
• President Kowolonek has renewed One-Call-Now completed February 2020, for 5,000 calls received discount.
• President Kowolonek spoke with Company regarding Local 600 meetings with members.
• Reviewing with company UWUA Local 600 member and issue with backpay.
• Grievance #435 – printed contract books will be distributed to membership.
• NEW BUSINESS
• Network Engineering Specialists – new job (T-11.)
• UWUA – National Women’s Caucus – Delegate Holly McLaughlin has been appointed to board.
• UWUA Local 600 Women’s Caucus – Motion made by Secretary Wallace to establish a Local 600 Women’s Caucus Chapter. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed.
• Facility’s member reassigned from Brecon to Fairfield/Todhunter district.
• Dial One (CBT) – yearly check on system at Local 600 union hall, communications passed, one (1) phone line working- Cincinnati Bell will come out 02-28-2020.
• REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
• Delegate McLaughlin – Review Discussion
• Delegate V. King – Discussion regarding RSR issues. Discussion on members and company policy regarding Military Leaves and how it affects bonuses (time off.) Discussions regarding BWN – Job Shadow Project (President Kowolonek will follow-up with Company regarding.)
• Delegate Loerich – issues within meter reading regarding PVA.
• Delegate Wright – follow-up regarding those in membership who were unsuccessful in passing the SASS testing, (Re-test policy and time-frame of 90 days. Also discussed members needing re-test for ESA positions.
Delegate Wright made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate J. King. Meeting adjourned.