GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
February 24, 2021
Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
David Loerich – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
Camille Waller – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
Lovell Knight – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Loerich. All board members present.
A motion was made by President Kowolonek to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Victoria King. Vote to accept. Motion passed.
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Loerich. A motion was made by Delegate McLaughlin to accept the Financial Report. Second by Vice-President Hoffman. Vote to accept. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek – No new communications for the month.
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
- Demotion Review/ Discussion with President Kowolonek and Delegate Wright Jan 11, additional follow-up 3 Mar 2021.
- Face Mask Update – 64 masks have been distributed to membership as of 24 February 2021.
- Grievance #443 – Delegate Jason King – 3rd step process scheduled 3 March 2021. Management applying 2020 language to this issue.
- ESA New Job Duties – meeting held 29 Jan 21, with Management & President Kowolonek & Delegate Wright – discussion of types of work to be processed (i.e. clerical in nature, scheduling outages – Primary and Secondary.
- Women’s Caucus – Trifold Progress – Delegate McLaughlin will review some of the changes made with small group for updates and information that will be helpful to membership.
- March Membership meeting – Motion made by Vice-President Hoffman to postpone meeting until safe to gather. Second by Secretary Wallace. Discussion. Vote to postpone. Motion passed.
- NEW BUSINESS
- GIS Discussion – Meeting scheduled with management 1 March 21 with President Kowolonek, Delegate Wright and Secretary Wallace (to present changes to job descriptions.)
- New Call Center Hire – total 12, suggestions to use videos to present calls center jobs and possible progressions – Delegate Knight, Present real job scenarios in a video presentation – Delegate Jason King. Provide information regarding call center positions (positive and negative), present others who have been successful to advance. Review stats from actual classes.
- Facebook – President Kowolonek meet with Erin Zymic – (UWUA-National Communications Director) on 25 Feb 21 – regarding Local 600 creation of a FB Page, reviewed other locals’ pages and discussion of information
- Grievance #444 – Processing to 2nd stage.
- REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
- Secretary Wallace – Congratulations to Rep Kim Cueto on feature in the UWUA Monthly magazine
- Treasurer Loerich – Thanks to Vice-President Hoffman for assistance with new duties as Treasurer. Also discussed 30,000 meters being decertified and will need to be read, will follow-up with management.
- Delegate McLaughlin – Discussed GIS – 2 positions & metering service will there be separate interviews for the position.
- Delegate Wright – COVID pay and portal information, (test kits sent by management.) Discussed reps and providing them to come to meetings and provide positive feed-back and follow-up (this also pertained to Call Center discussion.)
- Delegate V. King – 3 floor Annex – deep cleaning done (COVID- related)
- Delegate Waller – COVID and non-discloser issue.
- Delegate J. King – Gas Operations OC position
- President Kowolonek – Ordered By-Laws books
Treasurer Loerich made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Waller. Meeting adjourned.