GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
December 17, 2020
Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
David Loerich – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
Camille Waller – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
Lovell Knight – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
President Kowolonek processed the swearing in of Area A Delegate- Camille Waller.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Loerich. All board members present.
A motion was made by President Kowolonek to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Victoria King. Discussion: Due to COVID 19 restrictions, Local 600 Board Meetings are being held via teleconference, Secretary Wallace will forward meetings minutes to Local 600 Board members prior to meeting, to review for any corrections or changes. Motion passed.
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Loerich. Discussion. A motion was made by Delegate Jason King to accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – None
Unfinished Business – Vice-President Hoffman
- All Hands Call – Gas Transmission – Email to Lead – LR 4 Dec 2020, regarding presentation 23 October 2020.
- Call Center – Interviews being conducted for new hires, (more time has been requested.) Concerns addressed regarding working 12-hour shifts, measurements used and other issues that apply only to call center employees. (Vice-President Hoffman, Delegate(s) Jason King & Knight.
- Letter A40 – President Kowolonek, Delegate Wright – Information contained within the Gibson Letter being reviewed. Awaiting additional information.
- Grievance #442 – Settlement/ Waived additional steps
- NEW BUSINESS
- RSR – Delegate Victoria King – awaiting updates.
- Engineering Specialists – Delegate Jason King – use of company equipment, note per COBE – New Security Policy – Recording devices may not be used during meetings without prior approval of management.
- Company Maternity Leave Policy – Delegate Jason King – review for grievance filing
- REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
- Treasurer Loerich – Nodes and Echelon Meters – Gas meters – who will process reading of meters 10-15 years. Vice-President Hoffman will send letter to LR (January 2021) for update on process. process.
- Delegate J. King – Company policy /discussions regarding the new COVID vaccine and requirements for employees. President Kowolonek will discuss with LR beginning of 2021.
- Delegate McLaughlin – Department Goals and Job Shadowing in the gas department. Q- are other areas within the company participating, is with voluntary, Workday is this required only for gas department.
- Delegate Wright – DOMS & ICO systems offline.
- Delegate V. King – Masks for membership -Discussion – Request purchase of masks from vendor, Discussion what vendors has available, quantity and styles. Discussion how to provide Masks to membership – Provide for Pick-up at Hall with specific times and dates, members workings at Duke Locations – drop off at work centers (President Kowolonek), Discussion Purchase amount – Motion made by Secretary Wallace – to purchase total of 360 masks – based on vendors availability for styles (available at time) . Second – Delegate Victoria King. Discussion – Motion Passed.
Delegate J. King made a motion to adjourn. Second by Vice-President Hoffman. Meeting adjourned