GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
January 28, 2021
Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
David Loerich – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
Camille Waller – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
Lovell Knight – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600, Anthony (Tony)Kilgore.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Loerich. All board members present.
A motion was made by President Kowolonek to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Waller. Discussion: Changes to minutes draft by President Kowolonek and Delegate Wright. Updates made. Motion passed.
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Loerich. Discussion. A motion was made by Delegate Victoria King to accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek – Email to Labor Relations regarding new rewards and recognition program.
Thank You Note received by Kristy Knobloch from the family in Northern Kentucky who received Christmas donation from UWUA, Local 600.
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
- Call Center – Local 600 leadership meet with eleven (11) new call center representatives on Jan 11, 2021.
- Demotion Review (President Kowolonek & Delegate Wright) Jan 11, 2021 – awaiting more information.
- Fact Findings – (phone discussions) January 19 & 20 2021 – Engineering Specialists
- Local 600 face masks at hall – also can see Vice President Hoffman at Queens gate and Delegate Victoria King at 4th & Main, Call Center location
- NEW BUSINESS
- Area A Rep – Hannah Marlow has resigned. New Area A Rep – Stephanie Bailer – Posting will be sent for placement on all union boards.
- Grievance #443 – Delegate Jason King – 1st stage held 7 Jan 2021, 2nd stage held 20 Jan 2021, awaiting answer.
- OC Hand Raising – Rep Keri Goss on call – four (4) for Electric – (Brecon, Dana, Fairfield & Todhunter openings) held 26 Jan 2021
- Meeting 29 Jan 2021 – to discuss ESA new duties (President Kowolonek, Secretary Wallace, Delegate Wright) Distribution Design – Steps to Engineering Specialists (possible job re-evaluation)
- Vistra Gift Card – Equal for all membership, if they receive the COVID vaccine
- Women’s Caucus Tri Fold Meeting – 22 Jan 2021 – Discussion with President Kowolonek, Delegate McLaughlin, Secretary Wallace, Members – Kim Cueto, Deanna Wyche and Jeff Mohr. reviewed ideas, website information
- March Board Meeting – discussion to schedule with Holiday Inn in Covington Kentucky to plan for 25 March 2021. President Kowolonek with follow-up.
- Sent order to Otto Printing to have fifty (50) By-Laws books printed for UWUA, Local 600- to add Dynegy/Vistra to information.
- Don Stewart – Completed 2020 Taxes and LM-2’s and 1090’s for distribution.
- By-Laws Committee – members Vice
- REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
- Delegate McLaughlin – Discussed disciplinary issue with malicious links in email if selected
- Delegate Wright – Shout out to Women’s Caucus and work they are doing.
- Delegate V. King –RSR Disciplinary issue, Masks in, issue with COVID and process if spouse, etc is exposed are there COVID hours for 2021.
- Delegate Waller – Quarantine for COVID, set time / phone conversation
- Delegate Knight – call center meeting scheduled for 29 Jan 2021.
Delegate J. King made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Waller. Meeting adjourned.