July 29, 2019
EXECUTIVES Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Jueisha Boykin – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Illyana Long – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Camille Waller – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600. (Rhonda Bucher, Charlie Neuhouse, Jeff Sexton)
Roll call was taken by Delegate McLaughlin. Vice-President Hoffman and Treasurer Boykin absent. All other board members present.
A motion was made by Delegate Waller to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed.
A motion was made by Delegate McLaughlin to dispense with the reading of the financial report. Second by Delegate Waller. Motion passed.
Communications – President Kowolonek
• President Kowolonek discussed future opportunities for Local 600 Board members to attend UWUA conferences and committees.
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
• Picnic – Delegate Long – tickets have been mailed to membership who requested via mail. Delegate Long will follow-up with those in membership who requested extra tickets and still need to make payment.
• Arbitration #424 – Still awaiting arbitrators’ decision.
• Union Cards – President Kowolonek has placed an order for additional cards, for those in membership who were missed when cards last ordered.
• Grievance #429 – dropped per grievant.
• Grievance # 431 – 2nd stage grievance processed, 3rd stage grievance process pending.
• UWUA National Convention – President Kowolonek discussed convention and overview by attendees. President Kowolonek UWUA Local 600, was appointed and voted to a seat on the National UWUA Board, during the 31st National Conference held 24 July – 27 July 2019.
• Elections Committee – Nomination forms for UWUA Local 600- 2019 Elections have been mailed out to the membership.
• Contracts 2019 – draft of contracts from Vistra and Duke Energy have been received for review. President Kowolonek and Vice-President Hoffman to review and will discuss with committee members.
• Call Center – New Call Center Class meeting scheduled for September 3, 2019 with President Kowolonek, Vice-President Hoffman, Area B Delegate King and Area B Rep -Davis.
• UWUA Local 600 Dues – currently have two (2) members in arrears (company didn’t collect) Company is responsible to collect all dues arrears.
• New Work Discussion – Delegate King – discussion regarding RSR’s and discussion regarding training and development – to request a new meeting for additional discussions.
REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
• Delegate Loerich – Metering- splitting work, and pay when working through lunch ½ hour.
• Delegate McLaughlin – Work being done by analyst and new system being introduced.
• Delegate Wright – Follow up regarding storm hours for hurricane (President Kowolonek -to be addressed @ storm team committee.) ESI –must have testing to become ESII and information on re-testing of ESII (none re-test, however can be tested prior to merit increase.)
Delegate Waller made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Loerich. Meeting adjourned.