July 23, 2020
EXECUTIVES Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Camille Waller – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Brendan Lyshe – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Waller, all board members present.
A motion was made by Vice-President Hoffman to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Treasurer Waller. Motion passed.
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Waller. A motion was made by Delegate Victoria King to accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek – Dragon Fly Association – A motion was made by Vice-President Hoffman to donate in the amount of $200.00 for the Bronze level of 2020. Second by Delegate Victoria King. Discussion: Percentage paid for administration fees. Organization does other events in the community. Lower the amount of donation. Motion Passed.
Unfinished Business –President Kowolonek
• President Kowolonek -Review agenda for concerns, email received from company regarding vacation hours.
• Social Media – President Kowolonek – working with other unions within company and Local 600 legal representative discussing. Will schedule meeting with company for update.
• Local 600 Annual Picnic – President Kowolonek – Motion was made by Delegate Loerich to postpone the 2020 picnic due to the current COVID epidemic. Second by Treasurer Waller. Discussion: Send Robo Call to membership. Unable to provide anything to membership for 2020 (due to COVID restrictions to include gifts cards, prizes. Etc.) Motion Passed.
• NEW BUSINESS
• Vistra – Discussion regarding Local 600 work and how it’s being processed. An information request will be processed to the company. Will also follow-up and Area Delegates assigned will be involved in the follow-up process, will also reach out to Local 135 (Dayton Ohio.)
• Grievance #441 – Follow-up next week.
• Volunteers for UWUA National – AFL-CIO is looking for volunteers, there is no pay involved. If interested, please contact Local 600.
• General Board Meeting – Local 600 – Discussions regarding the September 2020 – General Board meeting. Suggestions on how to hold due to COVID 19 restrictions: Ideas: Zoom Meetings, Conference Calls, dividing those who attend into separate rooms to maintain social distancing guidelines. More discussion needed.
• Equipment at Local 600 Hall – A motion was made by President Kowolonek to remove and dispose of outdated and unused equipment. Items (chairs donated to Goodwill), other items to other charities. Second by Vice-President Hoffman. Motion passed.
• REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
• Vice- President Hoffman – AFL-CIO Golf Outing – Local 600 will sponsor one (1) Team for tournament on August 14, 2020. Local 600 has a team for outing, to include the Vice-President and 3 from membership.
• Delegate Loerich – fact-finding follow-up.
• Delegate Lyshe – meeting with management scheduled next week.
• Delegate McLaughlin – Discussion Women’s Caucus – Membership and Board members are encouraged to sign-up for the Virtual Run/Walk to raise funds for Local Charites affected by COVID 19.
A motion was made by Delegate Loerich to adjourn meeting. Second by Delegate Victoria King. Motion Passed.