Find UsUnion Hall, 810 Brighton, Newport KY 41071

June 2020

June 25, 2020

EXECUTIVE Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Camille Waller – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary

DELEGATES Brendan Lyshe – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B

The Meeting was called to order by President, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)

The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.

A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600. In memory of Brian Abner, Local 600 donated to the American Diabetics Association.

Roll call was taken by. Treasurer Waller, all other board members present.

A motion was made by Delegate McLaughlin to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Victoria King. Motion passed.

The financial Report was given by Treasurer Waller. A motion was made by Secretary Wallace to accept the Financial Report. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office. Local 600 has received a bill statement from the company (for expenses of Union Acts hours and Negotiations for two (2) year period.)

Communications – President Kowolonek – N/A

Unfinished Business –President Kowolonek
• Network Underground Specialist – two (2) positions posted. Engineering Specialist/ Technician (Downtown), Gas OC posted.
• Requested an extension to temporarily extend postings from 7 days to 14 days (with either Local 600 or company making a request for cancellation of 14 days.)
• Phase Two (2) – return to work process is currently postponed.
• Grievance #440 – 3rd step meeting scheduled for 26 June 2020. (Kowolonek, McLaughlin & Wallace to attend.)
• Website – Local 600 update, President Kowolonek had a discussion to finalize with the liaison at the National. Over the next few weeks will be constructing site for members sections, photos.etc.
• Membership is reminded regarding Personal Information as it applies to P.I.E., access to information that is private and covered under C.O.B.E. training. P.I.E. is an area where “discipline” -up to “termination” can be applied.
• Membership is reminded to start work “ON-TIME”, Return from breaks on time, even while working from home. Discussion to send out Robo Call to membership (Delegate Jason King), (Treasurer Waller) suggested a “check-in, check-out” with supervisor via call or email. President Kowolonek will follow-up with company regarding a uniformed process that can be used to have employees and supervisor’s check-in, check-out.
• Picnic Discussions – Due to the uncertainty of COVID-19 Pandemic, Local 600 doesn’t anticipate a gathering this year. Suggestions are being discussion of other ways which Local 600 can reach out to the membership in celebration. Discussion will continue with General Board and information will be shared via a Robo Call from Vice-President Hoffman to the membership next month.
• Social Media and Postings – President Kowolonek discussed this issue with Local 600 attorney and has sent an information request to the company for the complete company policy regarding social media and its employees and the C.O.B.E. policy. Note to our membership: regarding the possibility of discipline when identified as a “company employee” on “certain” types of social media postings. Discussion – How big an issue is this regarding discipline of employees? Recommend employment status be removed on social media postings. What happens if your social media accounts are hacked, who would be responsible to prove? President Kowolonek with follow-up regarding.

• NEW BUSINESS
• Engineering Specialist II, III and CPC – agreed to make into same bid classification (Letter 81) President Kowolonek reached out to employees affected to discuss, agreed upon. Additional meeting held with company attended by President Kowolonek, Delegate Wright and Secretary Wallace.
• Design Workload – Meeting scheduled 30 June 2020, Delegate Lyshe to attend. Members ad concerns regarding workloads in certain districts, increased workloads with no overtime. Meeting customer expectations, less training (causing isolation of work in certain districts), perceived lack of support from management when work issues are discussed.
• Quartley meetings with LR – President Kowolonek is scheduling meetings to discuss various issues of concern for our membership. Meeting will be held with LR and General Board.

• REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
• Vice- President Hoffman – Golf Outing – Local 600 will sponsor one (1) Team, (reached out to Kelly Cooper our National Rep he is unable to attend.)
• Delegate McLaughlin – UWUA National Women’s Caucus discussed the 5K Rosie the Riveter Virtual Walk/ Run being held September 19 – 26, 2020 to raise money for National Women’s Caucus and Local charities who are impacting communities affected by COVID -19. Encourage participation among local membership to participate. Donation is $30 per participant. Discussion: how would the information be communicated to membership (Treasurer Waller – Robo Call, Flyers), (President Kowolonek – website), Discussion of Local Charites will research.
• President Kowolonek and Delegate Loerich – donations provided to the family of Brian Abner. If anyone in membership would like to make a monetary donation to family, please contact and send to President Kowolonek at the Local Hall.
• Delegate V. King – Discussion Call Center personnel returning to work and seating due to COVID-19 concerning staging of seating and meeting the six-feet distance requirements. Discussion regarding fact-findings will follow-up with President Kowolonek next week.
• Treasurer Waller would request follow-up regarding if any budget will be set this year regarding Local 600 picnic to address budget needed. President Kowolonek and Vice-President Hoffman will discuss and process.

Delegate Loerich made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate J. King. Meeting adjourned.