GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
June 24, 2021
Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
David Loerich – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
Illyana Long – Area A
Lovell Knight – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Loerich. President Kowolonek absent. All board members present.
A motion was made by Delegate Victoria King to omit the reading of the minutes from May 27, 2021 and for all to review copy of minutes received via email draft for approval. Second by Delegate Knight. Motion passed. Approved. A copy of Minutes will be posted on the Local 600 website. www.uwualocal600.com
The financial Report was given by Treasurer Loerich. A motion was made by Secretary Wallace to except the reading of the financial report by Treasurer Loerich. Second by Delegate Jason King. Motion passed. Approved. Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.
Communications – President Kowolonek – None
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
- American Income Life – Letters have been mailed to Local 600 membership. (few have been returned to the union hall.) Please keep mailing address updated. If card is returned to American Income Life, they will make three (3) attempts to contact member by phone call, if no one is reached after three (3) phone attempts made, a representative from American Income Life will make a home visit in an attempt to contact member.
- UWUA National Women’s Caucus – Local 600 Chapter – information sheets were processed and mailed to membership. Have received positive feed-back from membership.
- Designer work discussion – President Kowolonek/Delegate Wright – will attend a meeting with management to discuss. Follow-up after meeting.
- Local 600 Training – President Kowolonek – Training is scheduled for Friday, July 30, 2021, from 8:00 am until 3:00pm, at the Covington Courtyard on 3rd Street (next to Holiday Inn.) Mr. Steve Wyatt- National Regional Rep will conduct training.
- NEW BUSINESS
- New Class Center Class – President Kowolonek – starting June 10, 2021 and June 24, 2021. There is a total of four (4) new hires in today’s class.
- Generating Station Clerk – President Kowolonek – Wage level increase from 8 to 9 – (per Duke-Energy Management to increase wage level.
- Designer work discussion – President Kowolonek/ Delegate Wright.
- Storm Role – Customer Relations Sr. Rep – President Kowolonek/ Secretary Wallace – discussion with management of the need for more DA (Damage Accessors) during storms. Waiting on decision from management. Follow-up.
- Meter Reading Call – New Management Structure – discussion six (6) departments reducing into four (4) departments, reductions/shifts in management personnel.
- UWUA National Region 3 – Organizing Committee – President Kowolonek.
- Management Work from Home Policy – President Kowolonek – Robo Call will go out to membership and information regarding policy will be placed on the Local 600 website.
- REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEE
- President Kowolonek – Stephanie Baylor has volunteered to assist with the Local 600 Training workshop and will help with catering order. Kelly Cooper & Greg Adams of Local 175 (may attend.) Discussed Local 600 general board meetings to resume at union hall for the July 22, 2021 meeting at 3:00 p.m.
- Vice-President Hoffman – Scheduled By-Laws committee meeting for June 30, 2021 @ 3:30 p.m.
- Secretary Wallace – UWUA Women’s Caucus discussed information from National Women’s Caucus Training event and opportunities for other to participate in training offers in the future.
- Delegate McLaughlin – Discussed participation in National Women’s Caucus Training June 3, 2021 – June 23, 2021, the benefits to learning about using different communication platforms and being able to speak within a group, it was a great opportunity and experience.
- Delegate Wright – Discussed updates to the union pay-scale listed on the Local 600 website, (errors are being corrected per President Kowolonek. Will remove from our website until can be fixed.) Discussed fact-finding, and disciplinary process. Also discussed the work smart program.
Delegate Knight made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Meeting adjourned.