|Mike Hoffman||Vice President|
|Delegates||Illyana Long||Area A|
|Holly McLaughlin||Area A|
|Aaron Wright||Area A|
|David Loerich||Area B|
|Victoria King||Area B|
|Camille Waller||Area B|
The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek.
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Boykin. All board members present.
Previous month’s minutes were read by Secretary Wallace. A motion was made by Delegate King to accept the reading of last’s month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Waller. Motion passed.
The Financial Report was given by Treasurer Boykin. A motion was made by Delegate McLaughlin to accept the financial report. Second by Delegate Long. Motion passed. Copy of Financial Report on file at Local 600 Office.
Communications – President Kowolonek
- No items.
Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek
- Dragonfly Event – UWUA Local 600 received requests from nine (9) members for tickets. Each member who requested tickets will receive those requested. The Votto Jersey will be distributed via raffle during the lunch at the Local 600 Annual Picnic held on August 10, 2019.
- Arbitration #424 – Briefs have been sent to the arbitrator from Local 600 and the company. A decision should be received within forty-five (45) days.
- Union Cards – have been received and will be distributed to UWUA Local 600 members. Thus far from those who have received the responses have been positive.
- Grievance #429 – dropped per grievant.
- Grievance # 430 – dropped per grievant.
- UWUA National Convention – Vice President Hoffman, Treasurer Boykin and Secretary Wallace were all selected to participate on a committee for the National UWUA Convention being held 22 July – 27 July 2019.
- Storm Callout – isolated event – (Erlanger & Dana district used) will be settled in storm committee discussions. Storm team meeting being scheduled with President Kowolonek.
- New Members – Call Center Class (for fifteen (15) new hires), Gas, RSR’s and Op Tech
- UEIP – discussion with company is still unfinished, due to delay in scheduling now.
- CBD Oil – All UWUA Local 600 members review Company Policy, posted on all union boards.
- Local 600 Annual Picnic – Vice President will issue a Robo Call to membership.
- ESA/ Gas OC Hand Raising – President Kowolonek and Delegate Long
- Distribution Design & ESA design work meeting – Quarterly with company held in attendance with President Kowolonek, Vice-President Hoffman, Area Delegate and Secretary Wallace on May 24, 2019, and testing will be held June 24, 2019.
- Grievance #431 – June 13, 2019, President Kowolonek, Vice President Hoffman and Delegate Long.
- Call Center – discussion of new class – (one (1) for fifteen (15)) new personnel. Call Center – Quarterly Meeting held – discussed changing hours in the “enterprise” for calls center to 7 am – 7 pm. This would affect the Midwest Call Center East representatives and for those representatives also in-Service Installation.
- UWUA Local 600 – 2019 Elections – Discussion on the number of Delegates and Representatives assigned per area. Motion was made by Delegate Wright to maintain current number of Delegates per assigned Areas (A & B) to three (3) per area and maintain the current number of Representatives per assigned Areas (A & B) to six (6) Representatives per assigned area. Second by Treasurer Boykin. Motion passed.
- Election Committee – Tom Nolan, Chair – Nominations for UWUA Local 600, 2019 upcoming elections will be mailed to membership via USPS by July 15, 2019 per election committee chair. The nomination period will be from August 1, 2019 – August 21, 2019. All nomination forms must be received by USPS at the UWUA Local 600, P.O. Box to be valid.
- Board Meeting – UWUA Local 600 General Board Meeting will be rescheduled for the month of July 2019. The dates are changed from Thursday, July 25, 2019 to Monday, July 29, 2019 from 4:00pm -6:00pm.
Report of officers, delegates and committees
- Vice President Hoffman – discussed MDM & new programs running causing some system failures.
Treasurer Boykin made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate Wright. Meeting adjourned.
www.unionplus.org – Nonprofit organization, endorsed by the AFL-CIO, serving union members since 1986, Saving and discounts on a variety of programs