GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
October 22, 2020
Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Camille Waller – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
DELEGATES Brendan Lyshe – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Vice-President Hoffman. Treasurer Waller absent. All other board members present.
A motion was made by Vice-President Hoffman to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Motion passed.
A motion was made by Secretary Wallace to dispense with the reading of the financial report, (due to Treasurer Waller’s recently resigning from position), until the October 2020 General Board meeting. Second by Delegate V. King. Motion passed.
Communications – President Kowolonek – Letter received from Treasurer Waller, October 5, 2020 to resign from currently Executive Board position as Treasurer.
President Kowolonek – Seeking nominations from the General Board (per By-Laws) to fill the recently vacant position as Treasure for UWUA Local 600. Provided guidelines for interested General Board members regarding the position.
Nominations for position: Delegate David Loerich – Accepted and Delegate J. King – Accepted. Delegate Loerich was then elected to the position, Treasurer UWUA Local 600, as an Executive Board Member to complete the current term.
Letter of Resignation – President Kowolonek
Delegate Brendan Lyshe has notified UWUA Local 600 effective November 1, 2020 resigns as Delegate Area A, (due to change of employment.)
President Kowolonek will review prior election results (per By-Laws) and reach out to next candidate with offer of Delegate Area A.
Open position – President Kowolonek
There is now an open position as Delegate Area B, with Delegate Loerich now assuming the position of Treasurer. President Kowolonek will review prior election results (per By-Laws) and reach out to the next candidate with offer of Delegate Area B.
If none of the listed next candidates will accept the offer as Delegate Area(s) A & B, a new election would need to be processed to fill the vacancies.
Unfinished Business –President Kowolonek
- Call Center – Meeting occurred 12 October 2020, with Delegates V. King, J. King, Secretary Wallace, and President Kowolonek, the Call Center Management (Marion Byndon, Sara Jackson), along with representatives from Labor Relations. Discussed issues regarding phones, new technology and hiring new employees. Delegate V. King will reach out again to management during the month of November 2020 as follow-up.
- Return to work (COVID -19) NO UPDATES AT THIS TIME.
- President Kowolonek discussed an on-line training class that was attended by President Kowolonek, Vice-President Hoffman, Secretary Wallace and Delegate McLaughlin. This training was offered to connect with Unions across the world to build unity and solidarity within unions and discuss training platforms for union members.
- New Motion – Donation for Ronald McDonald House A new motion was made by Secretary Wallace to adjust the donation amount of $300 dollars to include the administration fee to process the donation. The transaction fee is the amount of $12 dollars. Second by Delegate McLaughlin. Motion passed. (The original motion to make the donation was done during the September 2020 General Board Meeting.)
- Cancellation of the Rep/Delegate Dinner for 2020 due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Christmas Family Donations – Vice-President Hoffman made a motion to provide a donation in the amount of $500.00 (Five-Hundred Dollars) each for a family in one (1) family in Ohio and one (1) family in Kentucky. Second by Treasurer Loerich. Motion passed. Vice-President Hoffman will reach out to two (2) Local 600 members who have offered to make those purchases and select charities in both Ohio and Kentucky to provide donations to a family in need.
- REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
- Vice- President Hoffman – will be meeting with Local 600 accounting personnel (Don Stewart), to ensure a smooth transition for new treasurer. An audit will be conducted also by the internal audit committee on 5 November 2020. Updates will be provided.
- Secretary Wallace – Updates regarding UWUA National Women’s Caucus, shared new 2021 calendar incentive to raise funds for training. Each UWUA Local will be asked to purchase calanders to help. The calendars sell for $20.00 (twenty dollars), each.
- Delegate Jason King – hand raising at Todhunter for OC position. No one elected to move there.
- Delegate V. King – fact finding Call Center – awaiting feedback. Delegate V. King will be contacting those working from home to touch base regarding any concerns.
- Delegate Loerich – COVID -19 concerns in meter reading, will follow-up with management for response.
- Delegate McLaughlin – for the UWUA Women’s Caucus – from the virtual – Walk-Run Local 600 will be donating $800.00 (Eight Hundred Dollars) to the Matthew 25 Ministries in support of families affected by COVID-19.
- President Kowolonek – the Local 600 website is up and running. Please review at www.uwualocal600.com
Delegate Lyshe made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate J. King. Meeting adjourned.