Find UsUnion Hall, 810 Brighton, Newport KY 41071

October 2021

GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES

October 28, 2021

EXECUTIVES                                                                                                      

Steve Kowolonek – President

Mike Hoffman – Vice President

David Loerich – Treasurer

DL Wallace – Secretary

DELEGATES                                                                                        

Holly McLaughlin – Area A

Aaron Wright – Area A

Illyana Long – Area A

Lovell Knight – Area B

Victoria King – Area B

Jason King – Area B

The Meeting was called to order by President Kowolonek, via Zoom Platform (due to COVID-19.)

The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.

A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.

Roll call was taken by Treasurer Loerich.  All board members present.

A motion was made by Delegate McLaughlin to omit the reading of the minutes from September 23, 2021 and for all to review copy of minutes received via email draft for approval.  Second by Delegate Victoria King.  Motion passed.  Approved.   A copy of Minutes will be posted on the Local 600 website.  www.uwualocal600.com

The financial Report was given by Treasurer Loerich.  A motion was made by Delegate Jason King to except the reading of the financial report by Treasurer Loerich.  Second by Delegate Knight.  Motion passed. Approved.  Copy of the Financial Report is on file at Local 600 office.

Communications – President Kowolonek – None

Unfinished Business – President Kowolonek

  • Gas Conference – President Kowolonek confirmed receipt of all rooms being cancelled.
  • Customer Connect – Meeting scheduled for 30 September 2021.
  • Grievance # 445 – Treasurer Loerich – Resolution agreed upon with all parties involved.
  • Grievance # 446 & Arbitration #416 – Due to violation of agreement (MY Time specific to UWUA Local 600 membership)– Union will pursue 3rd stage grievance. 
  • COBE information for Business Courtesies – President Kowolonek – (as it addresses Union Officials) per 1946 NLRB Act … (should cease & desist it’s use in language of training documents.)
  • NEW BUSINESS
  • Control Tech II & III combination – waiting job descriptions. (currently overlap at same level) has been discussed with those in membership affected.  Those who have reviewed new job descriptions agree descriptions are better representation of job.  Looking to possible field site visit with management and union to review from a job site perspective regarding all that is involved in the job tasks and its difficulty.
  • New Transmission Design Technician Job Description- Delegate Wright – Sr T & D technicians met with Delegate Wright regarding current job descriptions that do not meet all the current requirements of the job.  Looking to create a new job description (Sr. Transmission Technicians), to review educational requirements and time in positions and experience.
  • Met new RSR – Oct 1, 2021 – President Kowolonek – met with new RSR’s, 5 New ESI at Colerain OPS Center, new gas document technician.
  • Email concerning Duke-Energy declaring as Federal Contractor – President Kowolonek has requested in writing this classification from the company.  Waiting on a call back.
  • Return to work – President Kowolonek – still in discussion with company and currently we do not have all the answers.  Membership will be kept informed as we receive more information.
  • REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
  • Secretary Wallace – Opportunities for P4A (Power for America) training on-line sponsored by UWUA National.
  • Vice-President Hoffman – things are wrapping up with the By-Laws Committee to send forward to National for review.
  • President Kowolonek – Discussion regarding New System – Customer Connect – will scheduled meeting for training clarifications for those in membership affected.
  • Delegate Jason King – hand raising in GMS – resulted in an opening at Todhunter.  Three (3) GMS positions to be posted (internal and external.) 
  • Delegate Wright – Discussion – COVID (Segregation & Discrimination) vaccinated versus non-vaccinated.
  • Delegate Victoria King – looking for feed-back from Vice President Hoffman regarding issue within the Call Center, (follow-up.)  Discussion.
  • President Kowolonek – Discussed Local 600 Board Meetings for 18 November 2021 will be held at Hall (in keeping with COVID practices for social distance) – Only Delegates from Area A, Vice-President & Treasurer will attend, others in membership utilize Zoom platform.    For December 16, 2021 Board Meetings – Only Delegates Area B will attend and Secretary Wallace, and others in membership utilize the Zoom platform for attendance.

Treasurer Loerich made a motion to adjourn.  Second by Delegate Long.  Motion passed.  Meeting adjourned.