GENERAL BOARD MEETING MINUTES
September 24, 2020
Steve Kowolonek – President
Mike Hoffman – Vice President
Camille Waller – Treasurer
DL Wallace – Secretary
Brendan Lyshe – Area A
Holly McLaughlin – Area A
Aaron Wright – Area A
David Loerich – Area B
Victoria King – Area B
Jason King – Area B
The Meeting was called to order by President, via teleconference (due to COVID-19.)
The Pledge of Allegiance occurred.
A moment of Silence was observed for deceased members of UWUA Local 600.
Roll call was taken by Treasurer Waller. All board members present.
A motion was made by Vice-President Hoffman to dispense with the reading of last month’s minutes. Second by Delegate Victoria King. Motion passed.
The financial report was given by Treasurer Waller. A motion was made by Secretary Wallace to accept the financial report. Second by Delegate Loerich. Motion passed.
Communications – President Kowolonek
United Way – Gold Standard – Tabled from August 2020 meeting. Discussion 87 % goes to the charity (per CharityWatch.com) & Charity Navigator
Abner Family – received Thank You card for the collection received from the membership of $175.00
Unfinished Business –President Kowolonek
- Letter A-40 – denial of merit increase – company options (aware of the Pat Gibson letter, 2000 Manual & Technical positions)
- Call Center – Meeting scheduled 12 October 2020, with Delegates V. King, J. King, Secretary Wallace, and President Kowolonek – discussions with management.
- Membership meeting/Picnic cancellation notice – Robo call to membership being sent out.
- Out of Town Storm – Florida – discussion Out of town letter – no double time on Sunday only ½ time.
- Return to work (COVID -19) NO UPDATES AT THIS TIME, Awaiting updates from Company.
- Blown Gas Call (3rd time) discussion was process handled incorrectly.
- Strike School -Training with National UWUA (attended by Delegate McLaughlin, President Kowolonek, Vice-President Hoffman and Secretary Wallace. Training on solidarity within all unions.
- REPORT OF OFFICERS, DELEGATES AND COMMITTEES
- Delegate Loerich – COVID -19 concerns in meter reading, will follow-up with call to National UWUA on last Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
- President Kowolonek/Delegate Wright – discussion with Management regarding posting more Engineering Specialists positions (internal awaiting approval.)
- Delegate Wright – discussion Management (contractors) for Pipeline Engineering
- President Kowolonek – United Way: Matthew 25 Ministries, Ronald McDonald House – Discussion (Vice President Hoffman) motion to donate $200 to Matthew 25 Ministries, (Treasurer Waller motion and Second by Secretary Wallace) motion to donate $300 to Ronald McDonald House. Passed with 100 %. President Kowolonek will start the process.
Treasurer Waller made a motion to adjourn. Second by Delegate V. King. Meeting adjourned.